Thursday, August 14, 2008

Upcycled Art Supplies!

So I got busy yesterday and forgot to post for my "Inspiration Wednesday" so better late than never! Back in college, everyone was on a budget especially when you are a fine arts major- there are tons and tons of supplies to buy every week so I would often try to find creative ways to paint and create CONSTANTLY but not break the bank!

To this day I still use many of the same supplies that I used in college and one of my faves is recycling cracker and cereal boxes when they are empty- if you don't have the time or the money to buy canvas upcycled cardboard makes a great surface to do quick and expressive compositions and can hold up under lots of layers of paint- just what I like!

I start by cutting up my box


and then cover it in a couple layers of paint- not being too perfect of course!

then a little expressive writing and ANOTHER layer of paint


this is when I do a quick sketch- I prefer this exercise to be fast and free- this is a time that I choose to be expressive without worrying too much about composition

 
then I add my color with paint and a little more free writing

1 comment:

Valentina Harper said...

I love it! Thanks for the "Inspirations Wednesdays". I'll have a great weekend painting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails