Monday, October 03, 2011

updates from the studio

IMG_09092

38 weeks pregnant in the studio
I am still pregnant over here- in fact I am actually two weeks away from my due date and still kickin' and before things get crazy I have a few updates that I wanted to share.

IMG_0710

First- while I will be having a baby any day now- I have spent months preparing all kinds of blog posts and inspiration to share and have even invited a handful of my creative friends to share some projects and inspiration so there will be no time away from the blog- instead I have lots of fun stuff coming in the weeks and month ahead.
My creative biz will also be in full operation thanks to lots of planning and tons of prep on my part and help from my wonderful family. The shop will still be open and online classes available for registration at any time.

new notecards for online shop
Speaking of the shop- I have a number of new things coming in the weeks and months ahead and first is a couple of new sets of notecards- Sweet Treats and Sugar Skulls.

new notecard for online shop

g
And a fall leaves paper kit that is PERFECT for creating a wreath like I did in this tutorial last fall.
CreativePilgrimage_Promo2
Jenny Doh has a new book coming soon called Creative Pilgrimage and I am honored to be a part of an amazing group of artists featured in the book. Here is a peek into the book-
IMG_8949
My new book Sew Wild is officially out there and actually being read (this always gets me excited!!) and I am loving the wonderful feedback that I have been receiving!
I created a flickr group for Sew Wild where you can upload photos and share your own projects and techniques inspired by the book here.

IMG_0717
I have a number of really exciting things to share on the creative front very soon that will be happening this year so stay tuned!

15 comments:

sunshine barlowe lewis said...

Can't wait to get these books.. and looking forward to hearing about your new journey into motherhood. There are no words. You will forever be changed.

Eschelle Westwood Mumfection said...

you are beyond talented not only at art but clearly at time management! Your little one is a lucky one to have a mommy like you babe!! he/she will be divinely talented no doubt about it!

Creative Grammie said...

Aloha Alisa,
Oh my, you do have some amazing energy! You're so thoughtful in making sure we, your followers are taken cared of while you're temporarily "away from your desk".
Love your art work and your infectious enthusiasm.
Hugs to you.

Pleuntje said...

Good luck with the book and I pray for you and for the baby that wil be coming soon. greetings from Holland Petra

Michele said...

Love, love, love your new book!!

Rose Clearfield said...

You have so many exciting things going on! I love your leaf tutorial.

Dusty said...

Love the book!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

You look beautiful Alisa. You really are amazing with all you have done over the last few months getting ready for your new little one. I am looking forward to all that you have planned for us and of course mostly to seeing the gorgeous pictures I am sure you and your husband will take of your sweet baby. Take care of yourself. We'll be thinking of you!

Unknown said...

i love your work! just have a question...what type of black pen do you use with your watercolors? mine always run...thanks!

martinealison said...

Magnifique travail... très jolie publication.
Gros bisous

BenGal Creations said...

Alisa,

I am so amazed at your sense of organization. Thank you in advance for not leaving your blog for months. I was just wondering about your classes and their availability. At the same time, it is quite OK for you to have a change of pace. You continue to provide me with lots of inspiration and this has lead to creative projects with my daughter. I love the pumpkin idea. Merci beaucoup!

Kittyj said...

Congrats Alisa! I am so excited for you and your family! So many exciting , wonderful, artful things happening for you!

Sydney said...

I love the sugar skull notecards. Skulls with a cool Alisa Burke style. Perfect for Dia de los Muertos.

muebles zaragoza said...

Of course, the writer is completely fair.

webpromo said...

Its a very good post. I was very pleased to find this site.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails